Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pillows and Paint

Well, you've got to start somewhere...right?  Why not with pillows and paint?  These pillows and this paint color (the vase) are the inspirations for my living room's new, cooler, softer color palette.  I realize that I have picked the worst time of the year to try and transition my living room from warm to cool, because trying to find "cool" accessories as fall is approaching feels a bit like looking for a bathing suit during the cooler months to take on a honeymoon in the islands.  (If I sound like I've had first hand experience with this...I do...flashback 11 years, ha.)  Anyways, after digging behind all of the cute orange, red and brown pillows...I found these beauties!  It was love at first sight!  They were exactly the colors and texture combinations I had in mind.  Now I know that it will feel totally "against the grain" here for some of you to mix these patterns and textures...but go ahead and get outside of that comfort zone!  It'll be fine and you'll thank yourself later for stepping out!  I got them home and loved them even more! (Insert funny guy husband here...he said..."Well, I like them all except for that 'Homecoming Corsage' one", ha!)  Good thing is, my husband and I have an agreement...he handles the outside of the house...I handle the inside!  So the corsage pillow stays :)

As far as the paint color goes, I don't even know the name of the color because I randomly got a 3.00 sample of this from the home improvement store one day trying to match it to some curtains I had. (Yes, HAD..and not HAVE...stick around and you'll see I'm a crazy buyer/returner!)  I'll just call the color "perfect" because I love the way it compliments the pillows.  This was once a green vase and I've had to just make myself not paint every.single.accessory in the room this color!  Is there a rule about how many accessories can be the same color...if so...don't tell me, please!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Home Sweet Cottage! I've enjoyed blogging since I started in June. Like you I had read blogs for sometime before I decided to try it for myself.

    I love your color pallet. I especially like the "homecoming corsage" pillow. I laughed out loud when I read that, sounds just like something Mr. EA would say. Husbands! As far as how many accessories can be the same color....I say what ever you like is perfect!

    Also, thanks for becoming a follower of Elizabeth Ann's!

    Joyfully,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! I was so glad to discover you had a blog...because of it, I was able to locate you after your move within Consigning Interiors! I had gone back to your booth to look for a white plate I had seen a few weeks before (valuable lesson in waiting to buy something I know I should go ahead and get) and you were gone! I didn't think to ask, or I might have known that day to look for you in another location. Everything in your booth was calling my name...I can't wait to visit your new space. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging. I started the end of January
    and it takes a lot of time, but I love it. I think I am addicted. I LOVE the pillow and color combos. Thanks for following me and I will do the same. Look forward to more posts and what you do with your home. I change stuff up all the time too and paint a lot!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the cool soft colors :0) Im a new blogger too, so WELCOME. My sweetie and I just purchased our first....and hopefully forever home...this summer and just love blogging about our journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle! Thanks for the welcome. I am excited to follow along with all of your changes as well. Looks like you are off to a great start!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete